René, Larry and Libby took
advantage of the beautiful evening and went for a run to Joe's trail, but about
1/4 km into the trail came up against a big fence blocking off the rest of the
trail (I guess they're still building those condos in there, who knows), so we
turned around and went the other way, to the Burnaby Lake nature house, then
returned to Cameron Centre. It was a little bit humid on the lake trail
but there didn't seem to be any skeeters so we enjoyed it. The daylight
time is getting shorter, so those evening trail runs are coming to a close -
sigh. Time out, 1 hour 10 min., distance about 8
km.
From Jennel: Monday - I was running solo tonight, so I left earlier than usual
to catch the daylight hours. I started to run the Bert Flinn Trail, which
is located approx 20 min. run from my home, at the end of David Ave. It is
apparently this huge park/trail that goes around the entire Burrard
Inlet. I ran in the forest for approx. 15 min., but then realized
even in the daylight, this was a little too secluded for my liking....beautiful,
yes...but "never go into the woods alone!" is the old saying! "and
there were no "biffies" as far as I could see....So, I turned around and ran
back down David up Noon Creek to Bramblewood School's track and did a few laps
and some speed work, then ran home. Not a bad run; total time out
was 1:40.
From Jennel: Thursday - Heather & I met at the corner of David & Pinetree
again at 1:00pm today. From there we ran down to Guilford Way and up
Hospital Hill (but we didn't have to go into the hospital, even if we felt
like it!) ha! ha! We ran all the way to Rocky Point down to the end of the
Pier, tapped the end and made our way back doing the same route. The
distance we ran together was 1:40. 14km for Heather and est. 15km for me
as I live a bit farther from her. So our times were 2:00 hours for Heather
and 2:30 for me as I get that HUGE Parkway Blvd Hill on the way
home! Fall Classic here we come.
Five Cruisers:
Larry, Katie, Rene, Rachel and Bobtoc ran south from the Centre on a hot
Saturday am, south on Erickson Drive down to Government Street, then south on
Cariboo into the north trail of Burnaby Lake to the nature house, and return to
the Centre; distance 8 km, time 1:12. The run was a combination run and
walk, allowing for the heat, and for Bobtoc's first run in a month, having been
in Russia, the Ukraine and Poland. Edie met the five at the Centre
to say hello to the five. After the run, most of the Cruisers visited Rod
at his home on this the second day home from Burnaby Hospital after his surgery
by the runner's urologist Dr John Warner.
Other news: On
Friday, Minnesota was sworn in as a Canadian citizen. Canada wins!
Congratulations, Rachel.


No comments:
Post a Comment